Welcome to Nutts Corner Raceway
One of Northern Ireland's leading Stock Car
motorsport promoters.

    • Next Meeting: Wednesday 26 December - 2.00pm
    • Derek Mason King of the Corner Memorial for - 1300 Stock Cars, Brisca F2 Stock Cars, Junior Rods, 2L Saloon Stock Cars, Stock Rods & Caravan DD

Facebook Twitter YouTube My Laps

Nutts Corner | Meetings | Results | 2012 | Sunday 21st October 2012
  • Next Meeting

    • Wednesday 26 December - 2.00pm
    • Derek Mason King of the Corner Memorial for - 1300 Stock Cars, Brisca F2 Stock Cars, Junior Rods, 2L Saloon Stock Cars, Stock Rods & Caravan DD

      Updated: 31 Jan 2018 19:12

Latest Results

  • 26th September 2018

    Results, report and photos from our meeting on 26th September 2018

    Updated: 28 Sep 2018 16:03

  • 16th September 2018

    Results, report and photos from our meeting on 16th September 2018

    Updated: 02 Oct 2018 17:04

  • No Items

Sunday 21st October 2012

Sponsored by George Fegan Tyres

Jonny Cardwell excellent record at Nutts Corner Raceway continued with a hard fought win in the Golden Helmet Championship. Ben McCully got off to a flyer to control the first qualifier and went on to carry the chequered flag. Gordie McKee on his first outing in the borrowed Stephen McCready car came in second with Cardwell third. The next race fell to Cardwell after McKee’s challenge failed going out of the race with engine gremlins. Derek McMillan came through for second and Marc Morrell third. Cardwell’s third and first heat positions give him pole for the Championship. From the start Cardwell shot ahead of Morrell as the rest of the pack argued over the other placing’s. McMillan, McCully, Lee Johnston, McKee and Steven McKane were battling very closely when Johnston engine blew covering the track in deep smoke. Fortunately Cardwell managed to steer through the smoke with Morrell starting to close rapidly on the leader. This developed into an exciting encounter with Cardwell just able to fend off the challenge. McMillan was another casualty going out of the race. McKee was now up in third and McCully and McKane in tow. Cardwell kept his cool to fend off Morrell and crossed the finish line just by a whisker for another great Title win. Morrell was great value for his runner spot and McKee had a great debut finishing in third. McCully and McKane were next over the finish line.

Christopher Kincaid swept the boards in the George Fegan F2 Stock Car Perpetual Championship with an impressive treble. Kincaid overhauled Craig McConnell in the first qualifier for his first win with Ryan McCrory third. Kincaid again came from near the back of the grid in the second qualifier to sweep to a sweet victory over McCrory and Gary Blair. With the top points scorer to the front of the grid for the final it was Kincaid with full points that went into pole position ahead of McCrory, Kyle Beattie, Matt McCreight, McConnell and Sam McKay. At the green flag Kincaid seized the lead just ahead of McCrory with Beattie and McConnell next in line. McConnell just got ahead of Beattie when Gregg Hyndman was hit from behind and landed with the front wheels on top of the wall. The race was stopped to recover the stricken car and the driver came out unhurt. The restart saw the top four men still holding down the same positions before the stoppage.  It was plain sailing for the rest of the high speed race as Kincaid went on to add another title to his list. McCrory was an excellent second and McConnell came in third for a podium spot. Beattie, Denver Grattan, Blair, McKay, Thomas Greer, Jonny Stirling, Keith McAreavey and McCreight were the other finishers.

Keith McAreavey receiving trophy from Jamie Fegan for first white/yellow car over the line in final,Gregg Hyndman climbes out of his stricken car after he was hit into the wall

Chris Hamill sparked life into the 1300 Stock Cars with an emphatic win in the final. GP 2 Lightning Rod Irish Champion Curtis Greer and ex GP2 Lightning Rod man Andy McLeister both made their debut in the hotly contested class. Greer led off the final ahead of Robbie Browne, Wayne Hewitt, Hamill and Francie Smylie. Hewitt, Hamill, Smylie and Ryan Stewart all went by Greer and Brown who were locked in the private war. It all went wrong for Browne as he went wide and crashed into the wall with held from back marker McLeister. The race was halted for to clear the stricken cars. When the race resumed Hamill took up the leading position just ahead of Dan Feeney and this developed into the race of the day. Feeney knocked Hamill out to lead but Hamill wasn’t finished and returned the hit to reclaim the lead. Feeney came back once more and chopped his way to the front. The last half of the race was breathtaking as these two fought tooth and nail for supremacy. On the final lap it was still in the balance and somehow Hamill stole it on the finish line. Hewitt was also in at the finish and all three tangled after they crossed the line. A super win for the ex F2 Stock Car man and one up on the Irish Champion Feeney. Hewitt was also a worthy third man home. McLeister and Richard Taylor were the only other finishers. Smylie and Feeney had a heat win each.

Calvin Blake chalked up a double in the Junior Rods with a heat and final success. Cara Wightman the recent in form driver was quick to stretch out a good lead in the final as the other young lads battled for positions. Antony Kincaid and Matthew McKinstry had a spell in second and third respectively before they were relegated down the pack by Blake, Jaimie McCurdy, and Peter Greer. Wightman was still out in front but Blake and McCurdy were both reeling her in. With over half distance completed Blake was on her rear bumper and after a few close encounters he was past and into the lead, A few laps later McCurdy also got the better of Wightman for second. Blake went on for a great win ahead of McCurdy, Wightman , Kincaid, Jack Kennedy and McKinstry.  Wightman was the winner of the second heat.

Controversy surrounded the final result of the Super 1600‘s with on track winner James Goldie being disqualified for not having the proper safety gear. Rab Wharry shot of into the lead in this one having got his car to be more completive. Adam Hull back after a lot of damage last time out was holding down second ahead of Marty Doyle and Jonny Kirk. Wharry was still to the fore for quite a few laps before Irish Champion Goldie came through like a rocket. It wasn’t long before Kirk also overhauled Wharry for second. Goldie stretched his lead and went on to cross the finish line first only for to be disqualified. Kirk was declared the winner ahead of Willie Finnegan jnr, Wharry, Thomas Megarry, Doyle and Jonny Fisher. Welcome returnee Finnegan was no push over taking victory in the only heat for the class with Doyle runner up and Goldie third.



Site developed and maintained by Chris Frankum (powered by MiWeb CMS software (c) Nexus Open Software